Flåm Hostel - Flåm - Norway

Recommended low cost lodging
K.Haroon
Site Admin

Flåm Hostel - Flåm - Norway

Post by K.Haroon » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:13 pm

Flåm is a village in southwest of Norway, in an area known for its fjords. The Flåm Line is a 20.2 kilometer long railway line between Myrdal and Flåm (on the Bergen Line) in Aurland, Norway. The line's elevation difference (with Myrdal at 2,833 ft and Flam at 6 ft 7 in) is 2,831 ft; it has ten stations, twenty tunnels and one bridge. The maximum gradient is 5.5 percent. The climb from the village of Flåm up to Myrdal station is the steepest unassisted railway climb in the world and because of its steep gradient and picturesque nature, the Flåm Line is now almost exclusively a tourist service and has become the third-most visited tourist attraction in Norway. In Flåm at the end of the Sognefjord you will find Flåm Camping and Hostel. Situated just 300 meters from great attractions like The Flåm railway, The Navvies´ Bicycle Road, and the boats which takes you to the Nærøyfjord with its steep, tall mountains and mysterious dark, depths. Flåm Camping and Hostel offers tent camping, campervan pitches, cabins and hostel. I stayed in their hostel in November 2015. Can't forget their hospitality. I went a bit off season when they were closing up for winters but even then they opened the complete hostel for me and offered baskets full of local apples. The place was clean and tidy, just loved it!

Photo Source: fjordtours.com