Sealife Cameras & Accessories

Information on dive equipment
K.Haroon
Site Admin

Sealife Cameras & Accessories

Post by K.Haroon » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:15 am

SeaLife is the only company with a focus exclusively on underwater imaging and lighting. The experience and dedication that go into each SeaLife product assures remarkable results. I am quite satisfied with their Micro HD which I have been using since quite some time. Micro HD is their older model, and at that time when I bought it, my target was to get something reasonable with least possible cost. The options after shortlisting was Go Pro and SeaLife. Whereas, Go Pro had an edge over the video quality Sea Life had an edge over stills, though this does not mean that its video quality is not good. The overall feature of being permanently sealed and other ergonomic design features had an edge over Go Pro. When it came to price including dive light and other accessories, it was less than Go Pro. The complete package cost me around $600 something, if I remember correctly, and that included a SeaLife 600 lumen dive light and an aquapod. The camera itself was about $400. Anything else would easily cost around $900 to start with since camera housing itself costs something like $300 plus, but of course you can't compare the quality of a $1000 equipment with a $500 one. So any one who is looking for an entry level equipment at a reasonable price, I think SeaLife will be my recommendation. Their newer equipment will have much more to offer like DC2000 etc.

The Notes on Sealife Micro HD - Settings and Accessories are based on my personal experience with Sealife MicroHD camera just to find the optimum settings so one can focus more on the dive rather than playing around with the camera.