To Phi Phi Islands - Thailand

Recommended cost effective travel facilities
K.Haroon
Site Admin

To Phi Phi Islands - Thailand

Post by K.Haroon » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:50 am

Phi Phi islands can be reached by ferry which you can take from Phuket or Krabi (approx time 2 hours ). Whereas Phuket/Krabi can be reached by air from Bangkok in 1.5 hours unless you want to travel by bus that takes about 12 hours. Though the flight time from Bangkok-Krabi is 10 minutes less than Bangkok-Phuket, I found the flights from Bangkok to Phuket cheaper than Bangkok to Krabi so I opted to go to Phuket via AirAsia that had the best rates. From the airport you can take a taxi or minibus to go to the "Rassada Pier" for the ferry. Taxi takes about 700 Bahts. If you are alone just wait for some other passengers who are also going to the pier and share the cost. The taxi guys allow doing that. That comes to around 175 per person. On the way back I took the minibus (10 seat, air conditioned van) from the pier to airport for 250 bahts. Got its ticket from the staff inside the ferry. You can buy the ferry tickets online from this site PhuketFerry or you can buy them directly from the airport or Rasada pier. The online option has some cheaper rates as compared to buying directly from the pier. Above information relates to my visit in Nov 2018. For this trip I did not make any advance bookings and went in the start of the busy season but still had no problem at any stage. Though advance bookings will save you some money for sure.